Create a syllabus for a 12-session MBA-level introduction to entrepreneurship class, and provide the first four sessions. For each, include readings and assignments, as well as a summary of what will be covered. Include class policies at the end.
MBA-level Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Course Syllabus
Session 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship and the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries
- "The Art of Possibility" by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander
- Reflect on your own entrepreneurial mindset and identify areas for personal growth
- Summary: In this first session, we will define entrepreneurship and explore the entrepreneurial mindset. We will discuss the qualities and characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, and students will have the opportunity to reflect on their own entrepreneurial potential.
Session 2: Idea Generation and Opportunity Recognition
- "Think Like an Entrepreneur, Act Like a CEO" by Michael Preis
- "The Innovator's Dilemma" by Clayton M. Christensen
- Brainstorm and pitch a potential business idea
- Summary: In this session, we will explore the process of idea generation and how to recognize opportunities in the market. We will discuss different techniques for generating and evaluating ideas, and students will have the opportunity to pitch their own business ideas.
Session 3: Market Research and Customer Validation
- "The Mom Test" by Rob Fitzpatrick
- "The Four Steps to the Epiphany" by Steve Blank
- Conduct market research and customer interviews to validate your business idea
- Summary: In this session, we will learn about the importance of market research and customer validation. We will discuss different methods for conducting market research and how to use that information to refine your business idea. Students will have the opportunity to conduct their own market research and customer interviews.
Session 4: Business Model Development and Financing
- "Business Model Generation" by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
- "Venture Deals" by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
- Develop a business model canvas and explore potential financing options for your business
- Summary: In this session, we will learn about the process of developing a business model and how to finance a startup. We will discuss the business model canvas and different financing options, such as angel investing and venture capital. Students will have the opportunity to develop their own business model canvas and explore potential financing options for their business.
- Attendance and participation are mandatory.
- All assignments must be submitted on time.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Any concerns or issues should be discussed with the instructor.