I am a teacher with 10 years' experience and I'm interested in transitioning to a role in instructional design. Can you write a resume for me? Let me know what kind of information you need from me to ensure that my teaching experience and skills are relevant and highlighted to the best of my resume?
Sure, I can help you create a resume for an instructional design role. To make sure that your teaching experience and skills are relevant and highlighted in the best way possible, I'll need the following information from you:
Your current contact information, including your name, email, and phone number.
A professional summary that highlights your teaching experience and your interest in transitioning to instructional design. For example:
"Dedicated and experienced teacher with 10 years of experience in primary education. Seeking to leverage my instructional skills and passion for education to transition to an instructional design role. Proven track record of creating engaging and effective lesson plans, collaborating with colleagues, and incorporating technology to enhance student learning."
Your education credentials, including any degrees or certifications related to education or instructional design.
A list of your teaching experience, including the names of the schools, the dates you taught there, and the grades and subjects you taught. For each position, include a brief description of your responsibilities, accomplishments, and any projects or initiatives you led or contributed to.
A list of your technical skills, including any experience with instructional design software, learning management systems (LMS), or other technology tools relevant to the role.
A list of your transferable skills, such as communication, collaboration, project management, and problem-solving. These can be highlighted in the context of your teaching experience or other relevant experiences, such as volunteering or extracurricular activities.
Here's an example of what your resume might look like, based on the information provided:
Name Contact information
Professional Summary Dedicated and experienced teacher with 10 years of experience in primary education. Seeking to leverage my instructional skills and passion for education to transition to an instructional design role. Proven track record of creating engaging and effective lesson plans, collaborating with colleagues, and incorporating technology to enhance student learning.
- Bachelor of Education, XYZ University
- Teaching Certification, ABC Board of Education
Teaching Experience School Name, Dates Grade and Subject
- Created and implemented engaging and effective lesson plans, aligned with curriculum standards
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop interdisciplinary projects and initiatives
- Incorporated technology tools such as learning management systems, online resources, and multimedia presentations to enhance student learning
- Led professional development workshops for colleagues on instructional strategies and technology integration
- Learning Management Systems: Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle
- Instructional Design Software: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia
- Other Technology Tools: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Kahoot
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills, experience presenting to groups of all sizes
- Collaboration: Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community partners to achieve shared goals
- Project Management: Successfully led and managed projects and initiatives, including curriculum development and school events
- Problem-Solving: Skilled at analyzing data and identifying solutions to improve student outcomes
I hope this example helps you create a strong resume that highlights your teaching experience and skills, while also showcasing your potential as an instructional designer. Good luck with your job search!